ADOPTION APPLICATION BELOW
- Please understand that it takes ABOUT A WEEK to adopt from any reputable rescue organization.
- First, it takes time to reach the individuals you have listed as references. References must tell us you have been a good pet owner*
- Second, we schedule a home visit. A Kentucky Dachshund Rescue (KDR) volunteer will call and make an appointment to visit with you. The home visit is a safety check of where the pet will liv
- Finally, once the adoption is approved, you will meet with the foster mom to sign the contracts. She will go over it with you and you will receive a copy of the agreement along with copies of all medical records and current food. We ask that you bring a metal name tag for your pet engraved with the pets name, your name and phone number. KDR does not microchip its pets for health reasons but will reimburse the adopter $25 for the cost of a GPS dog tracking device upon receipt of the purchase. DOGS NAME ARE NOT TO THE CHANGED FOR MEDICAL TRACKING REASONS...
***** REMEMBER NO ONE adopts from us without
1. REFERENCES ,
2. A HOME VISIT APPROVAL.
3. PHOTOS OF THEIR HOME
4. AND A FENCED IN AREA.******
This is our Adoption Process. There are NO EXCEPTIONS.
Please make sure you are Ready to Adopt:
Ask yourself if the time is right to commit to a new addition to your family or if you are just "Window Shopping for a New Toy".
- Wait a while to be sure you aren't adopting out of the emotion of the moment and that you are truly committed to making a lifetime home for an abandoned dog.
If the time turns out not to be right for you, however, you will indeed have changed only one life in a major - NEGATIVE way, the unfortunate dog you will need to return. So please do not rush your decision for both of your sakes. Be committed when the time is right. SUGGESTED READING
1. Information about the Dachshund (Doxie) Breed
2. How to Find the Perfect Dog
3. The Adoption Fee
4. The Adoption Process
- WE RECEIVE YOUR APPLICATION BELOW. Answer all the questions and list all the dogs you want to see. WE CANNOT COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION UNLESS YOU PROVIDE COMPLETE INFORMATION (such as contact numbers for your vet and references and your photos). Your application is considered incomplete unless we receive these items.
- WE SEND THE FOSTERS NAME AND CONTACT INFO TO YOU.. Please do not miss an appointment. If you cannot make it on time, please call. If you miss an appointment you are taking a slot of time that someone else could have had and preventing a dog from adoption.
- WE CHECK YOUR REFERENCES YOU HAVE LISTED. Vets are called during business hours (you will need to call them to allow us to receive vet information) and personal references in the evenings.
- WHEN IS A PET MARKED PENDING? When a complete application is received (including photos) and the adopter lists ONE SPECIFIC PET* we will mark the pet as pending while the process for adoption is continuing. If we cannot approve the application, or need further information to complete the application, the adoption application is put on "hold" and another adopter may move into the first option to adopt.
- HOME VISIT. The home visit is done after the references have been approved. The home visit may be APPROVED, APPROVED WITH CONDITIONS OR DENIED. If approved, the adoption moves forward. If the home visit is approved with conditions, the adopter has a specific time to correct the problems. If the home visit is denied, the adoption stops there and the pet is no longer pending and may be adopted by others. Plan to be ready with all gates and fences in place. If you live some distance away, have this done prior to making a trip so you wont have to return to adopt.
- WHEN YOU VISIT TO ADOPT. Remember , you are visiting a private home. Keep your expectations realistic by not expecting a dog to immediately bond with you as they have been through so much transition already. Also, please realize that some rescue dogs are "in training " to be housebroken. Very small children should be left at home. Adoptions have been denied with rowdy children present.
- FINALIZING THE ADOPTION: Once you decide on the pet you want to adopt, we email the contracts directly to the foster home along with all the vetting the dog has received
- HOW DO I KNOW YOU RECEIVED MY APPLICATION? We will let you know we have received it via email. It may take several days to get in touch with your references depending on how available they are. Veterinarians are usually available in their clinics Monday through Saturday but may require you to contact them for your consent to allow us to check your past pet history with them. The adoption process can go much faster if you have notified your references to expect a call from us.
- Please note that the individual who fills out the Adoption Application form as the prospective Owner/Adopter must be present in person at the time of adoption. This is to ensure appropriate dog/owner compatibility. There are no exceptions.
Please submit the following photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
BACK OF HOUSE FRONT OF HOUSE FENCED YARD
BABY GATES AT STEPS CURRENT PETS PENS INSIDE FOR DOG mail to email@example.com
IN GROUND SWIMMING POOLS MUST BE FENCED SEPARATELY FROM DOG PLAY YARD
ROOMS IN HOME DOG WILL BE ALLOWED*
BACK OF HOUSE FRONT OF HOUSE BACK YARD W FENCE
FENCED YARD EXERCISE PEN AT EXIT FENCE POOL SEPARATE
FROM FENCED YARD
FROM FENCED YARD
BABY GATE AT STEPS SLEEP/PLAY AREA FENCE POOL SEPARATE
FROM FENCED YARD
FROM FENCED YARD
FENCED YARD TYPE WOOD INGROUND POOL FENCE INSIDE ROOMS DOG LIVES
ASSURE RECEIPT OF APPLICATION SEND US AN EMAIL AT firstname.lastname@example.org